Staff in this department are committed to
- Encouraging pupils to take an interest in current news and events.
- Giving pupils an appreciation of the importance of business and economics locally, nationally and internationally.
- Supporting students in all aspects of their learning to achieve their potential;
- Enabling students to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Encouraging students to become purposeful team members and to help students be successful in their chosen courses
Students in KS3 follow a programme of study which is adapted to suit the needs of all learners and progress is mapped through all three years.
Courses offered at KS4 and KS5
Vocational BTEC Qualifications in Business and Information Creative Technologies at Level 2 and Level 3 and, the IFS Level 2 Certificate in Personal Finance and NCFE in Business Studies.
Business Studies Subjects KS4, KS5
Business is an important area as the subject is relevant to every facet of life.
It provides students with key experiences and allows them to learn a host of different skills which are transferable in the working world of business and across the school curriculum, giving the students a truly balanced education in the disciplines.
Business Studies is a popular subject within the Academy with a large number of our students studying Business at Sixth Form. Both the NCFE and BTEC courses demand a high level of engagement and dedication. With your subject teachers you will experience numerous business concepts that are used by small organisations right through to multinational organisations. Through this enriching curriculum you will experience what it takes to own, run and be part of a business environment.