our Complaints & Resolutions procedure
At The Highcrest Academy we always aim to be fair, open and honest when dealing with any complaint and aim to resolve it through open dialogue and mutual understanding.
On receiving any concern or complaint we will always act swiftly, giving the matter careful consideration, always putting the interests of the child above all other issues. We will always aim to ta the time to meet face-to-face to to discuss and resolve the issue.
We will always aim to:
- encourage resolution by informal means wherever possible
- be easily accessible
- be impartial
- be non-adversarial to reach a mutually satisfying resolution
- allow swift handling with established time-limits for action and keeping people informed of the progress
- ensure a full and fair investigation, by an independent person where necessary
- respect people’s desire for confidentiality wherever possible (some information sharing may be necessary to carry out a thorough investigation)
- address all points of issue, providing an effective response and appropriate redress, where necessary
- provide information to the school’s senior management team so that services can be improved.
- In accordance with equality law, we will consider making reasonable adjustments if required, to enable complainants to access and complete this complaints procedure.
- Information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and only be kept for as long as necessary.
Who Should I Contact?
Complainants should first attempt to address their complaint to the Academy informally.
- For day-to-day concerns, in the first instance, you should speak to your child’s Form Tutor or the respective head of department for which you have the concern. Please refer to our staff list here
- If your your concern is regarding our Special Educational Needs provision, then you should contact our SENDCO Line Manager, Miss C To at: ClareT@highcrestacademy.org.uk
- If you’re not satisfied with the outcome, you’re advised to contact the relevant senior member of staff or our Principal, Mr Burke.
If this fails to resolve the situation, the complaint may be submitted in writing to our Principal, Mr Burke, via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow the guidance in our policy, click here to view.
Please click here to view our complaints form.
Please note: Complaints about child protection matters are handled under our child protection and safeguarding policies and in accordance with relevant statutory guidance. Click here for policies.
If you require any support, including understanding, or translating these materials, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.